For those who qualify, students at FlightSafety Academy may now apply to receive funding up to the full cost of attendance through Sallie Mae private loans for those who qualify. Features and benefits of the Career Training Smart Option Loan are shown below.
Interest Rate/Fees/In-school Repayment Term:
- Variable interest rates from 4.50% APR to 11.64% APR.1
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty.
- Choose affordable fixed payments of $25 a month2 or make full interest payments save even more.1
- Repayment Term: 5-15 years2. Repayment term will vary based on loan amount and year in school.
- Auto Debit Savings - 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction for automatic debit enrollment.3
- Smart Reward® - 2% cash back on scheduled payments made on time while in school.4
- Quarterly FICO® Credit Scores are now available online for free - You can now view your quarterly FICO® Score by logging into your Sallie Mae® account. You'll also receive access to the key factor(s) affecting your score and educational content to help you understand why viewing your FICO® Score is important. This free benefit is available to both borrowers and cosigners.5
- Borrow up to 100% of your school-certified cost of attendance.6
- Death and disability loan forgiveness. If a student borrower dies or becomes permanently and totally disabled, Sallie Mae will waive all remaining payments on the loan.
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower interest rate. After graduation a borrower may apply for their cosigner to be released from the loan once they have made 12 consecutive, on-time principal and interest payments and meet certain credit requirements.7 Releasing the cosigner will not adversely impact the rate on your loan.
- Available to students enrolled full time, half time, and less than half time.
- Student or cosigner can initiate the application process at www.Salliemae.com/CTSmartLoan. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply online and get a credit result.
Encouraging Responsible Borrowing
Sallie Mae has helped more than 30 million Americans pay for college since 1972. We encourage students and families to supplement their savings by exploring grants, scholarships, federal and state student loans, and to consider the anticipated monthly payments on their total student loan debt and their expected future earnings before considering a private education loan.
Visit SallieMae.com/terms/ct for additional information. Terms, conditions and limitations apply.
FlightSafety Academy has been proudly approved for VA Benefits since 1970. Eligible U.S. Veterans can qualify for education benefits reimbursement for approved flight training above the private pilot license.
For specific questions regarding VA eligibility and benefits at the Academy, please email our VA Coordinator or visit the VA's website at www.vba.va.gov.
At FlightSafety Academy, we appreciate your service and commitment to our country and now as a Veteran you can move forward with your next career goal and FlightSafety Academy looks forward to guiding you.
FlightSafety Academy does not offer scholarships. Many aviation-related organizations do, but opportunities are limited. The following links might provide a good start for your search: